Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Two Nights To Go!

On the long weekend, we received a canvassing boost from the Leamington Green Party (thanks again to Ian, Jenny and Nick). We managed to cover Winnifred, Broadway, Spencer, Newcombe, Poplar, Berkeley Road N and S, Avondale, and the 2nd half of Styvechale.

Yesterday, Tom and I went to the Earlsdon Festival on Hearsall Common (very rainy off and on).

On the way back to Mayfield Road, we dropped into the Church Hall of the Earlsdon Methodist Church for a plate of May Day food. I had the good luck to take a seat across from their vicar, and we had an amicable chat about how campaigning was going. I floated the idea of having an all-candidates meeting next year during the council elections, since as a first-time candidate, it seems very odd not to have one.

There are 4-5 streets left in the north part of the ward that we want to cover, plus we want to take a stab at the streets south of War Memorial Park.

I've also received this fancy dan letter from my agent, Clive, from the council, authorising my entry into all eight polling stations on Thursday. I plan to vote in the morning before work, then we'll take a drive around to the other seven on Thursday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home